Tasmania Post Office Directory 1910 (Wise)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (632 pages)
Author: H. Wise
Year: (1910) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Another of Henry Wise's directories. In this one you can expect to find people named with their addresses under:
- Alphabetical directory (colony-wide)
- Towns directory
- Street directory (Hobart and Launceston only)
- Trades directory
Other sections including names but usually not addresses:
- The Courts, barristers, solicitors, public notaries and Justices of the Peace
- Medical practitioners, dentists and chemists
- University of Tasmania staff
- Non-government school managers and music teachers
- Municipal officers, Road Trusts secretaries, Fruit Board inspectors, Marine Boards members
- Bankers, building societies, insurance officers and company managers
- Manufacturers of English goods for export to Tasmania
Users should always refer to the display advertisements as they often provide names and addresses.
Directories are one of the most effective ways of tracing members of a family, especially tradesmen, is through searching directories. Many small businesses needed to ensure the public was aware of their activity and one of the better ways to do this in an age before media dominated was via a directory. The value of directories as a research tool is enhanced when no census material, as is available as is the case in Australia.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easynavigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text