Sydney University Calendar 1887
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (489 pages)
Year: (1887) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Old university calendars contain a wealth of information on people associated with the university as well as an insight into the courses of study offered and university life and culture generally. And this CD which is searchable on any name, subject or word you desire will open up access to much of this information that you may not have considered or found convenient to access in the past.
A sampling of the information on this CD:
- information on numerous people associated with the University from its foundation in 1850 to 1887
- officers of the university
- professors and lecturers
- members of the university
- graduates - with degrees awarded and year of graduation
- those awarded scholarships, exhibitions, bursaries, prizes etc
- donors of prizes etc.
- lectureships and fellowships
- benefactors - private, stained glass windows, portrait and library
- colleges of the university with staff, fellows, undergraduates, endowments and prizes
- hospitals recognised by the university for study purposes
- courses - timetables, subjects and details, recommended books, examination subjects and fees
- various reports
- examination papers December 1886 and March 1887 - over 150 pages of detail.
If anyone in your family had association with Sydney University from 1850 to 1887 as student, faculty, member or donor then this CD will be of interest.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.