South Australian Police Gazette 1877-78
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1CD (475 pages)
Year: (1877-78) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Police Gazettes are an incredibly unique source of information, simply because they were designed to be distributed amongst the Police Force only, and the information contained often cannot be found anywhere else.
Issued once a week, this CD-ROM is a compilation of all of the issues of the South Australia Police Gazette that were issued 1877 and 1878. Each issue is usually four pages long, and contains information such as court lists, lists of warrants issued, appointments and changes in the Police Service, lists of arrests and discharges (which include descriptions), escaped prisoners, and missing persons. Notices from Police Gazettes from other states are also often included.
SAMPLE ENTRIES (from the 5 December 1877 issue):
Stealing in Dwellings, from the Person, &c.
1. On the 28th ultimo, from the shop of J.H. Hannay, at Port Adelaide, two brass axle-caps, the property of W.R. Cave. - (C.1504)
2. One the 1st instant, from an unoccupied house at Hackney, a flour sack, containing two pair of new white blankets and a bed-tick, the property of Charles A. Clarke. - (C.1510)
3. On the 1st instant, from the shop door of Kate Bermingham, at Hindley-street, Adelaide, two pairs of children's boots, sizes 10 and 13. Identifiable. - (C.1513)
4. On the 1st instant, from the yard of Arabella Manning, at Payneham, nineteen pigeons of various colours. Some of them identifiable. - (C.1515)
This product is a great tool for researching South Australian history making information that is difficult to find easily accessible on CD.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of each year's issues. It has been bookmarked for easy navigation. and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text