Queensland Police Gazette 1932
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (538 pages)
Year: (1932) 2008
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Police gazettes are an absolute goldmine of information, and provide information and instructions to members of the police force.
You can expect the police gazettes to include the following information that will usually list names and some times personal details, descriptions with photograph, addresses and/or occupations may be an added bonus for the researcher:
- convictions without custodial sentence
- escapees and absconders from custody
- lost or stolen property and stocknames of victims
- deserting wives, families, etc
- deserting from military service
- deserting from merchant vessels
- missing friends
- persons suspected or wanted for a crime and warrants issued
- police resignations, dismissals and discharges
- police killed in action or dying in the service
- police promotion examination results and appointments
- prisoners tried at supreme and circuit courts
- prisoners discharged from gaols
- prisoners released under licence
- prohibited immigrants
Gazettes are published by governments and their agencies as a means of communication to officials and the general public. As such they are useful, not only to monitor the actions of the government, but also as far as family historians are concerned, they are valuable primary source documents.
SAMPLE ENTRY (from the 2 January 1932 issue):
Stealing from the Person
Rockhampton.-Stolen from the person of CECIL McMURTRIE (184 East lane, Rockhampton) at the Crown Hotel, William st., Rockhampton, on 26th ult., a gent's gold hunting - "Elgin" watch, scratches inside of back case, 7 jewels, shield on front case (similar to design 2, P.G., 29-1-10); and a 9-carat gold curb chain (similar to design 15, P.G., 29-1-10): value, £12 10s. Idfble.
High quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched,
browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text