New South Wales Government Gazette 1878
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (5263 pages)
Year: (1878) 2011
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Government Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians and researchers in other fields throughout Australia. They were published by the government as a means of communication to officials and the general public and therefore contain information that is of great use in establishing an image of Australia and its people in the past.
The New South Wales Government Gazette of 1878 contains:
- appointees to government positions
- appointments to Public School Boards
- Deeds of Grants ready for delivery
- dissolution of business partnerships
- errors in deeds
- horse and cattle brands
- land reserved from sale: bridge site, caves, camping purposes, commonage, driftway, gold-mining, quarry, recreation, stock refuge, Union Church, water supply and more
- lapsed and forfeited conditional purchases of land, arrears of interest on conditional purchases, pre-emptive leases
- licenses for auctioneers; wine, cider and perry; timber; publicans; billiard and bagatelle; packet; and notices for other licensing meetings
- licensed surveyors
- magistrates appointed
- medical practitioners
- ministers of religion
- petitions and counter-petitions for/against Municipalities
- probate and letters of administration notices
- rents not paid and leases lapsed
- schedule of roads applied for to be closed and alienated (and the applicants)
- unclaimed letters
- and much more
Colonial Secretary's Office, Sydney, 8th August, 1878.
HIS EXCELLENCY THE GOVERNOR, with feelings of deep regret, announces to the Public the decease, on the 8th instant, of THE REVEREND JOHN DUNMORE LANG, D.D., for fifty-five years Senior Minister of the Presbyterian Church in Australia. The Funeral of the deceased will move from the Scots Church, Church Hill, on Saturday next, at 3 oclock, p.m.; and the Governor, as a mark of respect for the memory of DR. LANG, and of the estimation in which his long and faithful labours for the advancement of the best interests of the community are held, has directed that the Public Offices be closed at noon of that day; and His Excellency further invites all the Civil Officers of the Government to attend.
By His Excellency's Command,
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text