Calendar of the University of Tasmania 1916-17
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (310 pages)
Year: (1916) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Old university calendars contain a wealth of information on people associated with the university as well as an insight into the courses of study offered and university life and culture generally. And this CD which is searchable on any name, subject or word you desire will open up access to much of this information that you may not have considered or found convenient to access in the past.
A sampling of the information on this CD:
- information on numerous people associated with the University from its foundation
- officers of the university (past and present)
- professors and lecturers
- members of the university
- graduates - past and present - with degrees awarded and year of graduation
- matriculated students
- scholarships, prizes etc
- donors of prizes etc.
- benefactions and donations
- Examination results 1911-1915 - with details of subjects passed and pass level for each student and each year
- Records of the Honours Examination with detailed results from 1900
- Junior and Senior Public Examination results - pass list 1915 - with school, subject passed and pass level
- List of all candidates who passed the senior public examination in previous years
- bibliographical record - publications of members of faculty since their first appointments
- courses - subjects and details, recommended books, timetables, examination subjects and fees
- various reports
If anyone in your family had association with the University up to 1916 as student, faculty, member or donor then this CD will be of interest.
The whole 310 page volume is searchable on any word
Originally produced by Archive CD Books Australia in 2004, this title has now been remastered and re-released, and includes better searching capability. This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.