Australasian Medical Directory and Handbook 1892
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (278 pages)
Year: (1892) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Ludwig Bruck was a medical practitioner and medical journalist as well as the compiler of the first five editions of the Australasian Medical Directory and Hand Book between 1883 and 1900.
The Australasian Medical Directory and Hand Book's contain a large amount of statistics and current medical information for all of the Australian states, New Zealand and several of the Pacific islands including Fiji, Samoa and New Caledonia.
They contain information including the following:
- laws applicable to the medical profession
- a directory of medical associations and departments (giving names and addresses)
- information regarding medical courses and university regulations
- medical fees
- a complete directory of registered doctors
- surgeons etc listing their qualifications and past experience
- obituaries as well as relevant geographical information for the different states
- a general gazetteer and local directory for several country towns
- statistics and
- lists of medical periodicals
These books include a large amount of useful information for social historians and those interested in medical history, as well as those with ancestors within the medical profession.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.