September is an exciting month for us as it is our birthday, and this year Gould Genealogy & History turns 45. It's not the BIG five-O yet, but it's certainly on it's way there, so we're excited, and we are celebrating with a BIG give away.
But first, here’s a little background information, our business (Gould Genealogy & History) has become an icon in the Australian genealogy scene, and to some degree overseas too. This small family business started out as Gould Books back in 1976 by Alan and Anthea Phillips who ran it from their home. Now 45 years later, with some name changes along the way, and other brands added in to the mix, it is still owned and operated by the same family, with the 2nd and 3rd generation, now also working here.
Over the past 45 years we have helped so many people with their research, either through products or through advice, and hopefully we’ve inspired some as well. But we couldn’t have done this without our wonderful customers so …. we THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU!!
So we have a huge prize pool (valued at almost $1800) to give away. From vouchers to USBs, to archival storage and more, we’re giving it away. And to enter all you need to do is place an order valued at over $20 (before postage) with us during September. It’s that simple. See below for the official Ts&Cs.
Here’s the complete list of prizes up for grabs:
GRAND PRIZE - the ULTIMATE Australian Police Gazette Collection - VALUE $1195
1 x All Australian Police Gazettes Collection on USB
This consists of 1 USB that contains high quality scans of 372 volumes of Australian Police Gazettes (183,539 pages, and approx. 14.6 names.
- New South Wales Police Gazettes 1862–1938
- Queensland Police Gazettes 1864–1945
- South Australian Police Gazettes 1862–1947
- Tasmanian Police Gazettes 1861–1933
- Victorian Police Gazettes 1855-1924 (most years)
2ND PRIZE - Unlock the Past Guide Book Collection - VALUE $235
Whether you need some help with Australian research or elsewhere overseas, or understanding DNA, or even learning how to read old handwriting, there are guides to help you. This prize consists of printed copies of 12 popular Unlock the Past guide books, covering a range of topics:
- Family History on the Cheap
- Arrivals in Australia from 1788
- Migration to New Zealand: A Guide for Family History Researchers
- A Beginner's Guide to British and Irish Genealogy
- Discover the Poor Law in England and Wales
- Handy Guide: Twenty Useful Irish Websites for Family History
- German Residential Records for Genealogists: Tracking Your Ancestors from Place to Place in Germany
- Citing Historical Sources: A Manual for Family Historians
- Death Certificates and Archaic Medical Terms
- Handy Guide: DNA Starter Pack (Set of 4)
- Making Sense of Surname Spellings: The Madness of "Mac" Surnames
- MyHeritage ... My Story
3RD PRIZE - Collection of stationery items - VALUE $150
- Genealogical Research Work Book
- Digital Imaging Essentials: Techniques and Tips for Genealogists and Family Historians
- Home Archive Starter Kit: Light Grey
- Genealogy: It's in my DNA Tote Bag
- Family History ... It Never Ends Note Pad
- Family History USB 32GB
4TH PRIZE - Genealogy Ebooks voucher
If you prefer to carry your books with you on a device, ebooks are the way to go, and we have quite a number available. This is a $100 voucher which allows you to choose this titles you'd like.
1 x $100 Genealogy Ebooks voucher
5TH PRIZE - Family History Down Under Online
Learn from the comfort of your own home with FHDU Online. Past events are now available as on-demand webinars, and covers topics relating to writing, Google, Irish research, and photo analysis and care. The upcoming course is with Judy Russell on the law and genealogy, and well copyright and photos.
1 x free course, up to the value of $49
GIVEAWAY PRIZE FAQs and Ts&Cs:
How do I enter the giveaway?
Simply place an order with Gould Genealogy by phone, mail or on our website (www.gould.com.au) that is over $20 (before postage), and you’ll be added into the draw.
How long does the giveaway run for?
It’s open from 1-30 September 2021.
Can I enter more than once?
Sure. You’re welcome to order as many times as you wish, and each order over $20 is one entry.
To get a bonus entry into the draw, head on over to YouTube and subscribe to our channel https://www.youtube.com/c/GouldAu.
I order for my local genealogy/history group/society. Can we enter?
Sure. If the order is in their name.
I’m interested in some of the prizes, but not all. Can I choose which ones I’m interested in?
When will the competition be drawn?
The draw will take place in early October 2021. Winners will be notified by email, and a list of winners will be put up on social media.
I’ve won a prize, how do I claim it?
You will be notified by email that you are a winner, and depending on what the prize is, it will either be mailed to you, or sent to you in a separate email.
I’ve won a prize that I’m not interested in can I swap it?
If you're not interested in the prize, you can choose to claim the prize and then donate it to your local library, genealogy or history group. Or, you could choose to forgo your prize. But sorry, there’s no swapping involved.
Other Terms & Conditions
- Orders placed prior to 1 September (including backorders) that haven't been sent yet, are excluded from this giveaway.
- It is open to the general public, as well as smaller genealogy and historical societies and archives. Libraries and government organisations are excluded.
- The competition is open to people in Australia and New Zealand.