Electoral rolls are the nearest thing Australians have to census records, and hence they are extremely important and useful for local, family and social historians.
This CD includes the rolls for Bass, Denison, Darwin, Franklin and Wilmot Divisions of Tasmania in 1934 – almost 2400 pages. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each subdivision. You will find the details of tens of thousands of voters who resided in Tasmania at this time, and who were entitled (and registered) to vote. Importantly, the roll includes the names of many women qualified to vote for the election of members of the Commonwealth parliament.
The electoral subdivisions for each of the divisions are:
- Bass - Flinders, George Town, Launceston Central, Launceston East, Launceston North, Launceston West, Lilydale, Portland, Ringarooma, Scottsdale and St Leonards
- Denison - Hobart Central, Hobart East, Hobart North, Hobart South, Hobart West, New Town and Queenborough
- Darwin - Circular Head, Devonport, Emu Bay, Gormanston, Kentish, King Island, Leven, Penguin, Queenstown, Strahan, Table Cape, Waratah and Zeehan
- Franklin - Clarence, Esperance, Glenorchy, Huon, Kingborough, Moonah, Nelson, New Norfolk, Port Cygnet, Richmond, Sorell, Spring Bay and Tasman
- Wilmot - Beaconsfield, Bothwell, Brighton, Campbell Town, Deloraine, Evandale, Fingal, Glamorgan, Hamilton, Latrobe, Longford, Oatlands and Westbury
Maps of each subdivision are included.
The following information is included for many (but not all) entries:
- No. on Roll
- Name in full
- Place of living
- Commonwealth Division and Subdivision
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1934
Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1934 Bass
Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1934 Darwin
Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1934 Denison
Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1934 Franklin
Tasmania Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1934 Wilmot