Ludwig Bruck was more than just a medical practitioner, he was also a medical journalist as well as the compiler of the first five editions of the Australasian Medical Directory and Hand Book between 1883 and 1900.
Covering the year 1900 this edition of The Australasian Medical Directory and Hand Book contains a large amount of statistics and current medical information for all of the Australian states, New Zealand and several of the Pacific Islands including Fiji, Samoa and New Caledonia.
Information including consists of the following:
- laws applicable to the medical profession
- directory of medical associations and departments (giving names and addresses)
- information regarding medical courses and university regulations
- medical fees
- a complete directory of registered doctors
- surgeons etc listing their qualifications and past experience
- obituaries as well as relevant geographical information for the different states
- a general gazetteer and local directory for several country towns
- lists of medical periodicals
This is an invaluable resource for social historians, those interested in medical history, as well as those with ancestors within the medical profession.
Originally produced by Archive CD Books Australia in 2005, this title has now been remastered and re-released, and includes better searching capability. This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.