Ludwig Bruck was a medical practitioner and medical journalist as well as the compiler of the first five editions of the Australasian Medical Directory and Handbook between 1883 and 1900.
The Australasian Medical Directory and HandBook contains a large amount of statistics and current medical information for all of the Australian states, New Zealand and several of the Pacific Islands including Fiji, Samoa and New Caledonia.
It includes the following information:
- laws applicable to the medical profession
- a directory of medical associations and departments (giving names and addresses)
- information regarding medical courses and university regulations
- a listing of medical fees
- a complete directory of registered doctors
- surgeons etc listing their qualifications and past experience
- obituaries as well as relevant geographical information for the different states
- a general gazetteer and local directory for several country towns
- statistics as well as a listing of medical periodicals
This book includes a large amount of useful information for social historians and those interested in medical history, as well as those with ancestors within the medical profession.
Originally produced by Archive CD Books Australia in 2005, this title has now been remastered and re-released, and includes better searching capability. This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.