Australian Medical Directories contain useful information for social
historians and those interested in medical history as well as those with
ancestors within the medical profession.
There are several different publishers of medical directories throughout
Australiaís history, including Bruck, Loxton and others.
They generally contain the following features:
- laws applicable to the medical profession
- a complete directory of medical associations and departments (giving
names and addresses)
- a complete directory of registered doctors, surgeons etc listing their
qualifications and past experience
- relevant geographical information for the different states
- medical Acts
- information and directories on several pacific islands and New Zealand
- lists of medical periodicals and
- much more
This set contains 8 medical directories including the 1883, 1886, 1892, 1896, 1900, 1911, 1915 Australasian directories and the 1903 New South Wales directory together on as single CD at a special discount price.
Click on the links for more information on the individual Medical Directories:
Australasian Medical Directory 1883
Australasian Medical Directory 1886
Australasian Medical Directory 1892
Australasian Medical Directory 1896
Australasian Medical Directory 1900
Loxton's Medical Directory 1911
Medical Directory 1915
Medical Directory of NSW 1903
Originally produced by Archive CD Books Australia in 2006, this title has now been remastered and re-released, and includes better searching capability. This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.