Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com: How to Find Your Family on the #1 Genealogy Website
- Usually Ships Within 2-4 Weeks
Media: BOOK - paperback, 272 pages
Author: N. Hendrickson
Other: 3nd ed., b&w photographs, appendixes, charts, index
Publisher: Family Tree Books
Discover the secrets to Ancestry.com success! This revised and expanded book will help you get the most out of your Ancestry.com subscription by showing you how to take advantage of all the world's biggest genealogy website has to offer - and how to find answers to your family tree questions within its billions of records, and millions of AncestryDNA profiles.
Each chapter includes step-by-step examples with illustrations to show you exactly how to apply the techniques to your genealogy. A new section on AncestryDNA will also help you understand and analyse your DNA test results.
Whether you've just begun dabbling in family history or you're a longtime Ancestry.com subscriber, this book will turn you into an Ancestry.com power user.
This is a US published book which talks primary about the US version of Ancestry's site. It does however cover the general parts of Ancestry as well including entering your tree online, searching their photo collection, and a number of chapters mention records other than US specific ones.
Part 1. Getting Started with Ancestry.com
1. Learning the Basics
2. Using Ancestry.com Family Trees
3. Using the Ancestry.com Card Catalog
Part 2. Digging Into Records on Ancestry.com
4. Making the Most of Census Records and Voter Lists
5. Delving into Birth, Marriage and Death Records
6. Working with Military Records
7. Using Immigration and Travel Records
8. Digging into Newspapers, Publications and Maps
9. Searching Stories, Memories, Histories and Pictures
10. Making the Most of Schools, Directories and Church Histories
11. Using the Wills, Probates, Land, Rax and Criminal Category
Part 3. Uncovering Ancestors with AncestryDNA
12. Interpreting Your DNA Results
13. Connecting With Others
14. Applying DNA to Your Research
Part 4. Diving Deeper with Other Users
15. Collaborating With Other Users
16. Branching Out With Newspapers.com and Fold3
Appendix. Quick Links and Shortcut Keys