show / hide sidebar
Trove: Discover Genealogy Treasure in the National Library of Australia - EBOOK
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 5MB (44 pages)
Author: S. Hicks
Other: 2nd ed., b&w & colour photos, index
Publisher: Unlock the Past
As a regular presenter at genealogy expos and seminars I am constantly surprised by the number of people who don't know or are not aware of, all the genealogy resources available on the National Library of Australia website. Trove is the catchy name of the Library's discovery service into its many collections, but it is only one of a number of resources available for research.
While people may be aware of Trove, they are not aware of how to effectively use the various filters to narrow down their searches to maximum advantage. Features such as comments, lists, tagging or correcting text are other areas that many have not yet explored and there are always a few who put up their hand to say they haven't got an eResources card.
There are other features such as Ask a Librarian and Cite This that I am fond of, but many in the audience haven't discovered them yet, or realised how these features can assist their research.
This guide outlines why I'm a huge Trove fan. It lists and explains the various features so that other family historians and genealogists can make maximum use of this fantastic free resource. Follow the tips and you will soon become another Trove fan.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
The download must be completed within 14 days of placing your order.
Introduction to the second edition
What is Trove?
- Membership of Trove
- Why log in?
NLA - more than just Trove?
- The NLA Library Catalogue
- How to videos
- Ask a librarian
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Research guides
- Ordering copies and interlibrary loans
Trove and its various zones
- Searching tips
- Digitised newspapers and more
- Government Gazettes
- Pictures, photos, objects
- Journals, articles and data sets
- Music, sound and video
- Diaries, letters, archives
- Archived websites (1996-now)
- People and organisations
- Personal examples
- NLA blogs
- Trove forum
- Trove: Discover Genealogy Treasure in the National Library of Australia - printed book
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Getting the Most Out of Trove Newspapers (Australia) - printed guide
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS
- The Family Tree Historical Newspapers Guide: How to Find Your Ancestors in Archived Newspapers - book
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Advanced Search Techniques and Name Searching - printed guide
- Handy Guides: Online Newspapers Set - set of 5 printed guides
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Advanced Search Techniques and Name Searching
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Getting the Most Out of Papers Past (New Zealand)
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Getting the Most Out of the British Newspaper Archive (United Kingdom)
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Getting the Most Out of the Gale Primary Sources - Historic Newspapers
- Handy Guide: Online Newspapers, Getting the Most Out of Trove Newspapers (Australia)