Tourists Road Guide: South Australia 1923 (13th Edition)
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (176 pages)
Year: (1923) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
The Tourists' Road Guides for South Australia were published over a period of at least 20 years in the early 1900's. They include a large amount of fascinating information giving insight into the period as well as information on places and people.
The 1923 tourist road guide was the thirteenth edition and includes the following important features:
- 15 road maps covering a large portion of the state
- descriptions of routes and places
- Adelaide to Melbourne route information
- parcel rates on railways
- interstate railway charges
- conversion table
- motor and cycling club information
- list of South Australian hotels where petrol can invariably can be procured
- abstract of The Motor Vehicles Act
- driving regulations ... and
- many relevant advertisements
This books is useful to social historians, motor historians and those with South Australian ancestors.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.