The Family Story Workbook: 105 Prompts and Pointers for Writing Your History
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: BOOK - paperback, 228 pages
Author: K. Spisak
Publisher: Davro Press
The 'Family Story Workbook' is a word to the wise for collecting the words of the wise.
Have you ever wanted to write down the story of your family but never known where to start? Have you ever wanted to write your memoir, but you weren't quite sure what tales of your life best fit the narrative you hoped to capture? Have you ever wanted to reflect on the moments that transformed you into the person that you are today? Have you ever wanted to have a shared project between family members? Have you ever wanted a unique gift idea for a parent, grandparent, aunt, or uncle who you know has a powerful life story to tell?
This workbook is designed for all of these reasons and more.
Write it down because who else is going to? Write it down for you. Write it down for your family. Write it down for the historical record, whatever that means to you.
This fill-in book contains 105 questions, each with 2 pages of ruled lines allowing you room to fill in your memories.
Here's just a few to give you a small taste of it:
- What is one of the oldest family stories that you know on your maternal side?
- What was a moment of success, accomplishment or serendipity for your family (on either side) that changed life dramatically in some way?
- What did the home/s your grew up in look like?
- Did your family have a close bond with neighbours or others outside of your family in your community?
- What was an article of clothing or a piece of jewelry that your once owned that your always felt good wearing?
- What is something you remember learning from one of your grandparents or an older member of your family circle?
- What was a moment in your life when you were truly scared?
Why should you write it down?
What if you're not a 'writer'?
How can you use this workbook
All about you
Language and writing reminders
What do you call your story?