The Army Behind the Army that Fights: Engineers in the Campaign in Egypt and Palestine 1916-1919
- Usually Ships Within 2 to 4 Weeks
Media: BOOK - paperback, 280 pages
Author: J. Spillman
Other: b&w photos, maps, sketches, bbliog, index
Publisher: Boolarong Press
How did a large army move hundreds of thousands of men and horses across the forbidding Sinai Desert and the rugged mountains of Palestine?
Janet Spillman explores the work of engineers in providing water, demolition and construction support for ANZAC forces during an arduous campaign.
1. The army behind the army that fights
2. Defending the Suez Canal
3. Securing the coastal route to Romani
4. Rails across the Sinai Desert
5. Taking Gaza
7. The Transjordan raids
8. Victory at Megiddo and Damascus