Tasmanian Pioneer Index 1803-1899
- Out of Print
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD
Publisher: Macbeth Genealogical Services
The Tasmanian Pioneer Index is an index of all birth, death and marriage records for the period 1803-1899 which were created by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Tasmania. This is an index of over 425,000 records of baptisms, births, deaths, burials and marriages in the Australian state of Tasmania between 1803 and 1899. Copies of the records indexed on this CD-ROM can be purchased from the Archives Offices of Tasmania.
This 'Digger' version contans a corrected version of the records that was released in DOS version over ten years ago.
Information fields contained on this CD are: Surname, Given Names, Event, Father/Spouse Surname, Mother/Spouse Given Names, Day, Month, Year, Age, Sex, Pleace, Registration Number.
The Digger software on the CD makes searching these databases quick and easy, and they allow very detailed search criteria to be used. Som of the features of Digger that you will appreciate are:
- speed - Digger is optimised for searching large databases on CD-ROM
- ease of use - just enter the information you are looking for, or choose from a list of all the values in the databse
- advanced searches - can be undertaken using Boolean or proximity searching
- a list of all entries - or words in a field can be viewed and selected into the search screen
- truncation searches - ie. Hall* retrieves Halls, Halloran, Haller etc.
- reverse truncation searches - ie. *Donnell retrieves Donnell, O'Donnell, MacDonnell etc.
- wild card searches - ie. Je*cott retrieves Jephcott, Jefcott, and Jeffcott (great for finding those spelling mistakes)
- 'like' (phonetic) searches - ie. 'like' Myer locates Mier, Meyer etc.
Results can be viewed in a list or as a single record. Results can be sorted by any field, and you can print and export results.
Windows 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista*, Win 7*, Win 8* (* works only on 32-bit systems
386 or higher (486 recommended)
4MB RAM available (8 or more recommended)
10MB hard disk space
PowerMac or higher
4MB hard disk space
System 7,5 or up to OS9 (sorry, it doesn't work on OSX systems)
** UPDATE 2015 - PLEASE NOTE: This product is now out of print, and is no longer available in CD form **
FamilySearch now have (many of) the original images online, and LINC Tasmania has indexed them. You can read about that here: http://www.gouldgenealogy.com/2014/10/tasmanian-name-index-including-convict-and-bdm-records/