Sydney University Calendar 1887 (original)
- Last Supplies Available
Media: BOOK - hardcover, 489 pages
Publisher: Gibbs, Shallard & Co.
Old university calendars contain a wealth of information on people associated with the university as well as an insight into the courses of study offered and university life and culture generally. And this publication gives you access to much of this information that you may not have considered or found convenient to access in the past.
A sampling of the information from this title:
- information on numerous people associated with the University from its foundation in 1850 to 1887
- officers of the university
- professors and lecturers
- members of the university
- graduates - with degrees awarded and year of graduation
- those awarded scholarships, exhibitions, bursaries, prizes etc
- donors of prizes etc.
- lectureships and fellowships
- benefactors - private, stained glass windows, portrait and library
- colleges of the university with staff, fellows, undergraduates, endowments and prizes
- hospitals recognised by the university for study purposes
- courses - timetables, subjects and details, recommended books, examination subjects and fees
- various reports
- examination papers December 1886 and March 1887 - over 150 pages of detail.
If anyone in your family had association with Sydney University from 1850 to 1887 as student, faculty, member or donor then this title will be of interest.
CONDITION: The book is secondhand, and does have a name and address inscribed on the front cover, and again on the inside front cover. The cloth cover does show some signs of wear, but it is the original cover, and is still intact well. The pages of the book iteself are in perfect condition excluding some age spots.