show / hide sidebar
Media: SOFTWARE - 1 CD
RootsMagic was first released back in 2003, and over the past 12 years has not only proved itself as a quality program, but has also become one of the world most popular ones.
The release of RootsMagic 7 sees a number of new features introduced for the first time. It is a program which makes researching, organising, and sharing your family history easy! Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
- WebHints: Hints to records from both FamilySearch and MyHeritage that match profiles in your family tree. Read more about the MyHeritage record matching here.
- MyRootsMagic: New accounts let you easily publish and maintain multiple online trees, which you can make public or private.
- DataClean: find and fix problems (such as typos) in names and places in your database.
- File Compare: Compare any two RootsMagic files side by side, and easily transfer information or media between them.
- QuickGroups: Instantly add or remove an individual to or from multiple groups at once.
- All information for a person is shown on a single streamlined 'Edit person' window
- Named Groups of People lets you create groups you can use in reports or other areas
- Add unlimited people, facts/events, notes, sources, and more
- Search by name, record number, dates, places, notes, and many other types of data
- CountyCheck lists events and places in your file where a county or state didn't exist on the date of the event
- WebSearch searches the web using a variety of search engines or search specific genealogy sites, or add your own sites to search
- RootsMagic allows users to import directly from Family Tree Maker, PAF, Legacy, The Master Genealogist, and Family Origins, as well as allowing import and export of GEDCOM 5.5 files.
- RootsMagic allows users to record DNA test results
- RootsMagic also allows you to enter multiple sets of parents which is needed when recording the parents and birth parents of adoptees.
To view the full list of features of what RootsMagic can do, in both the free 'RootsMagic Essentials' version, as well as the RootsMagic 7 full version click here.
RootsMagic is Windows software program, though you can use MacBridge for RootsMagic to run it on a Mac.
Try RootsMagic for FREE
There is a a free version of RootsMagic, which you can download and try it out for yourself. Give it a go now. Click here to download.
If you have RootsMagic and are in need of some further help. There's several places you can get in touch with to get answers:
Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
160MB hard drive space
Showing reviews 1-3 of 6 | Next
Easy terrific program
Posted by michelle borserio on 23rd Jan 2019
Well what more can be said for this simply wonderful program!!
This is very easy to use (I am a beginner to such things). Easy set up, easy to learn, stores and organizes large volumes of data, pleasant on the eyes (not harsh like others), hints come from other data bases, great scrapbooking and easy to use as well as charts etc.
YOu can import a Gedcom into and the list goes on
There are so many things to explore in this program that even I haven't got to them!!
Simply wonderful and easy to use.
Making careful Genealogists
Posted by Mr Roy G Hurlstone on 15th Aug 2018
Rootsmagic is a very good program.
Over the years I've used a few different programs.
It took me a while to get used to it and in some parts it seems a little clunky. Once I got used to it it became fairly straight forward to use,
I must say that the TreeShare for Ancestry is excellent. The program makes you check everything you sync which I find great because I don't import things willy nilly, making me a much more careful genealogist.
You can also check FamilySearch from within the program.
If you want a program that helps you with your online tree, this is the program for you.
Easy to use
Posted by Big Easy on 17th Jan 2018
RootsMagic has been easy to use with a simple format. Works with online sites like Ancestry.com well linking information without any issue so far.If you have used Family Origins software in the past then it will be very similar.
Showing reviews 1-3 of 6 | Next