show / hide sidebar
RootsMagic 7 Upgrade
Media: SOFTWARE - 1 CD
and would like a copy of RootsMagic 7, if so keep reading ...
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE ROOTSMAGIC UPGRADE?
The upgrade applies if you have a copy of any previous version of RootsMagic or Family Origins. For this special pricing we will require evidence of purchase - copy of receipt, a copy (or scan) of original program disk, or other evidence. If purchased from Gould Genealogy we should have a record of the purchase, but it is helpful if you indicate an approximate date of purchase.
RootsMagic was first released back in 2003, and over the past 12 years has not only proved itself as a quality program, but has also become one of the world most popular ones.
The release of RootsMagic 7 sees a number of new features introduced for the first time. It is a program which makes researching, organising, and sharing your family history easy! Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, RootsMagic is the perfect tool for you!
- WebHints: Hints to records from both FamilySearch and MyHeritage that match profiles in your family tree. Read more about the MyHeritage record matching here.MyRootsMagic:
- New accounts let you easily publish and maintain multiple online trees, which you can make public or private.
- DataClean: find and fix problems (such as typos) in names and places in your database.
- File Compare: Compare any two RootsMagic files side by side, and easily transfer information or media between them.|
- QuickGroups: Instantly add or remove an individual to or from multiple groups at once.
- All information for a person is shown on a single streamlined 'Edit person' window
- Named Groups of People lets you create groups you can use in reports or other areas
- Add unlimited people, facts/events, notes, sources, and more
- Search by name, record number, dates, places, notes, and many other types of data
- CountyCheck lists events and places in your file where a county or state didn't exist on the date of the event
- WebSearch searches the web using a variety of search engines or search specific genealogy sites, or add your own sites to search
- RootsMagic allows users to import directly from Family Tree Maker, PAF, Legacy, The Master Genealogist, and Family Origins, as well as allowing import and export of GEDCOM 5.5 files.
- RootsMagic allows users to record DNA test results
- RootsMagic also allows you to enter multiple sets of parents which is needed when recording the parents and birth parents of adoptees.
To view the full list of features of what RootsMagic can do, in both the free 'RootsMagic Essentials' version, as well as the RootsMagic 7 full version click here.
RootsMagic is a Windows software program, though you can use MacBridge for RootsMagic to run it on a Mac.
Try RootsMagic for FREE
There is a a free version of RootsMagic, which you can download and try it out for yourself. Give it a go now. Click here to download.
If you have RootsMagic and are in need of some further help. There's several places you can get in touch with to get answers:
Getting to Most Out of RootsMagic 7 (printed book)
Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
160MB hard drive space
So User Friendly
Posted by Unknown on 12th Apr 2017
Having used another well known family history software for years now - it was time for a change. Rootsmagic 7 is great - love that it transfers the media (pics) across when I transferred from my old software to Rootsmagic. So many other features that I have yet to explore.