show / hide sidebar
Reunion 12 Download
Publisher: Leister Productions
Media: SOFTWARE - download
Publisher: Leister Productions
Reunion is a genealogy software program - a "family tree program" – specifically for the Macintosh. It’s one that has been around for nearly 30 years, which in itself tells you that it’s a good quality and well-supported program ... and it has received numerous awards for genealogy software in MacWorld, MacAddict, and Mac Home Journal magazines.
Reunion not only helps you document, store, and display information about your family - your ancestors, descendants, cousins, etc., but it lets you record names, dates, places, facts, plenty of notes, sources of information, pictures, sounds, and videos and more. It shows family relationships in reports, and also in beautiful graphical charts which allows complete on-screen editing of boxes, lines, fonts, and colours. Wall charts for family reunions are just one of its specialties, and make it easy to see who links in where.
Reunion also makes it easy to publish your family tree information — even if you want to share it on the Web or carry it on your devices. You can automatically create common genealogy reports, charts, forms, and books, as well as birthday calendars, mailing lists, questionnaires, indexes, and other lists. Reunion even creates slideshows, calculates relationships, ages, and statistics.
20 REASONS TO BUY REUNION 12
1. Easy to enter your family information. Reunion lets you store every scrap of information: names, dates, places, facts, tidbits, plenty of room for notes, memos, custom fields, contact information, marital status, and even research logs. (Click to magnify.)
2. Add pictures and movies. Digitize your memories (old photos, birth certificates, wills, maps, movies, sound recordings, etc.) and link them to people, families, and source records. You can link multiple multimedia items to a single record, or one multimedia item to multiple records. Reunion lets you display, magnify, and reduce images on screen. It's easy to include pictures in your charts, reports, and Web output. Include a complete description and comments for each item if you like. Create slideshows with custom transitions, music, timing, image size, caption content, etc. Perfect for family reunions!
3. Take it with you! - ReunionTouch is the Reunion mobile app for the iPad and iPhone. Make changes, corrections, and updates while you're on the go and automatically sync with your family file on the Mac. ReunionTouch is a single universal app for Apple's mobile devices and is sold separately. ReunionTouch can be purchased on the App Store.
4. Easy to climb the tree. Use the "tree view" and click to navigate up or down the tree. Always know where you are in the family file.
5. Share stuff on the web. Reunion automatically builds reports that you can upload to your web site to share with others. The reports are optimized for whatever device is viewing them (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Notebook, etc.). All the necessary files, images, and graphics are generated and linked for you inside one convenient folder for uploading. Choose from many elegant designs.
6. Easy to find people. Quickly find people by name. Or, perform advanced multiple-criteria searches. For example, you could search for "all males born before 1800 in Boston" or "all couples married in Sacramento with adopted children."
7. Search the web for records. Pick any person and Reunion will help you to search genealogical resources on the web (like FamilyLink, FamilySearch, Ancestry.com, etc.).
8. Create large, graphic charts including descendant charts and pedigree charts (up to 99 generations), fan charts, and timeline charts. Reunion provides complete on-screen editing of color, font, font size, shadow, border, connecting lines, and captions. Move boxes or branches on-screen, by clicking-and-dragging. Automatically change chart orientation; including top-to-bottom, left-to-right, and waterfall models. Zoom out to give you the big picture of the entire chart.
9. See places on a map. Reunion integrates with Google Maps to pinpoint your place entries and draw maps, for example: showing the birth, residences, and death places of a person.
10. Handy dates. You can enter dates as they might be spoken, like a death date as "40 years 3 months 2 days after birth." Reunion shows the weekday for the birth, death, or marriage date, the age at marriage, the current age or life span of a person, and the length of marriage. Also, you can choose from 16 different formats for the display of dates.
11. Identify relationships. Reunion tells you, at a glance, how people are related to you (or anyone in your family file) and automatically figures out relationships as you add new people. Create custom lists of relatives too. For example, a list of all your removed cousins or a list of all descendants. Find the relationship between any two people in your records and create a chart showing the direct-line between the two people; also identify the common ancestor.
12. Dozens of reports and lists. Everything from simple lists to comprehensive books. Plenty of ways to see, review, share, and print your information. To see a book example, click here.
13. Graphic forms. Print attractive family group sheets, person sheets, questionnaires, and blank forms. These are great for gathering data from relatives. Reunion lets you print forms for any group of people in your file, for example a questionnaire for all your first cousins.
14. Birthday and Anniversary reminders. Have Reunion remind you of upcoming special events in your family. Create easy-to-customize lists of events.
15. Import/export. Full GEDCOM import/export lets you transfer data to Reunion without re-typing. You can exchange data with users of other genealogy software (Windows or Mac). If you've been collecting information in FileMaker or some other database program, Reunion also features a text file import, to help you bring the data into Reunion.
16. Flexibility. Reunion makes it easy to work with "subsets" of your family file. For example, create a tree chart for "direct lines only," make a book with just Dad's side of the family, or publish a web report with only Mom's ancestors.
17. Cascading Pedigree Charts. These are a series of graphic pedigree charts, 4- or 5-generations per page, that are cross-referenced with continuation numbers.
18. Autocomplete instantly recalls the last 10,000 surnames you've entered, helping you avoid typing the same surname over and over. Similarly, an internal place database tracks all your place entries and makes it easy to make consistently correct place entries.
19. Source documentation. Document the sources of your information using "shared" source records. For example, if you wish to cite a source, you only need to record details about the source one time. Information about the source (the library, the book, the microfilm, the date, the quality of the data, even scans or pictures of original documents) can be entered into a single source record, and you can cite this source on any record, in any data entry field, as many times as you want. You have the option to include sources in reports.
20. Easy to get help. Reunion includes an easy to use, easy to search, comprehensive digital User Guide. No matter where you are in Reunion, a Help button appears that will take you instantly to the right spot in the User Guide. We can help you by phone and email. And, don't forget our online community, ReunionTalk, comprising thousands of Reunion users.
TRY IT OUT
Reunion is a program that allows you to try it out before buying so if you want to check it out, you can download the demo from here (113MB). The demo is just that, but it is enough to see how it works The limitations of the demo are that only 50 people can be entered in a family file, the Import/Export is disabled, charts and slideshows can't be saved, and printed output will be watermarked. But that still gives you plenty of things you can do to see if Reunion is the program for you.
WHEN WILL I GET MY DOWNLOAD VERSION?
Please allow up to two working days for us to process your order, and your licence code to be emailed to you.
GOT AN EARLIER VERSION OF REUNION?
If you already have an earlier version of Reunion, you can buy the Upgrade version.
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 0.12 Sierra, or macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed
The Family Tree Polish, Czech and Slovak Genealogy Guide: How to Trace Your Family Tree in Eastern Europe$32.00