Queensland Brands Directory 1949-1952
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (1126 pages)
Year: (1953) 2010
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
Did your ancestors in Queensland own horses or cattle? Have you thought of looking in the Brands Directories for more information on them? These are a unique, but incredibly useful source for genealogical information, when looking for those who had stock.
What are horse and cattle brands? Those who had horses or cattle, branded them with unique symbols and/or letters. This identified who the animal/s belonged to. This large volume contains a listing of tens of thousands of such brands for Queensland from 1949 to 1952.
What information can be found in a brand directory? You can find an image of the brand registered, earmark registered, cheek brand, or symbol, name of owner, address of owner, and sometimes the certificate number.
Divided into nine parts including:
- Instructions and rules of branding
- List of brands registered to public pounds and government departments
- Lists of brands arranged by brand structure: i.e. letters, numbers, symbols and their combinations. etc.
- Lists of brands that have also been registered in New South Wales
- Alphabetical list of names of owners of registered brands
The sections are divided into types of brands and are ordered alphabetically or numerically for easy searching.
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN EBOOK DOWNLOAD
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS