Our Family Tree: A History of Our Family
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: BOOK - hardcover, 144 pages
Publisher: Chartwell Books
Record your family's history and pass it on to future generations with "Our Family Tree", a leather-bound hardcover book engraved with a silver-colored tree that will become an invaluable keepsake for any family.
As technology advances and the world seems to move at an ever faster pace, people have become more interested in slowing down and finding where they came from. With the multiple places online to track DNA and trace your lineage, it's important to have a physical place to combine and record the important details.
A family record is more than names, dates, and places. It is about the people: what they did, how they travelled, why they came, and where they ended up. In one volume, you can record the stories of your ancestors and pass them to your children and future generations, never to be lost or forgotten.
With sections for the origins of your family, family photographs, and memorable events, this book will hold a special place on your shelf for generations to come. Also, the "how to" section will help you trace your family's history, including how to obtain records, and what institutions are available for further assistance.
"Our Family Tree" is the perfect book for families interested in their history and preserving a record of it for future generations.
Our Grandchildren and Descendants
Our Family Tree
Husband's Ancestral Chart
Husband's Parents Family
Husband's Grandparents (Father's side)
Husband's Grandparents (Mother's side)
Husband's Great Grandparents
Wife's Ancestral Chart
Wife's Parents Family
Wife's Grandparents (Father's side)
Wife's Grandparents (Mother's side)
Wife's Great Grandparents
Our Places of Worship
Our Ancestors' Homes
Schools and Graduations
Clubs and Organizations
Companies Where We Worked
Military Service Records
Favourite Things (His and Hers)
Favourite Things (Children)
Collections and Heirlooms
Events to Remember
I purchase two of these as a gift to my two young married grandchildren. They are a lovely way to record their family history. I was not happy with the material of the covers, as in time they may get a bit tacky and finger marked. My old book has a smooth shiny cover and still looks good.
Overall, I am happy with this book. It has some areas that could be improved or left out and some areas that are really good. The not so good:
1. In most areas it only has room for dates, not places. And some areas (Great Grandparents to GGG Grandparents) have room for names only. I will be printing out a Family Tree and sticking it over this part.
2. There is quite a bit of repetition
3. For each side of the Tree it has 8 whole pages for Legal Guardians which I find excessive, especially as I don't believe many would use these pages.
3. Some sections are a bit weird and I won't be filling in- eg. vital statistics.
Now the good:
1. It has sections for subjects such as Favorite Hobbies & Sports (American spelling as it is printed in USA), Companies Where We Worked, Our Pets, Our Homes and other topics which you wouldn't think to record for prosperity but which I think are a really nice idea.
Overall I recommend this book.