New South Wales Police Gazette Complete Set 1862-1938
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 16 CDs (46319 pages)
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
All 77 years of New South Wales Police Gazettes from 1862 to 1938 at a very special set price. If each was purchased individually, the products would cost $1865.50, so buying the set saves you big $$s.
Police gazettes provided information and instructions to members of the police force. You can expect the New South Wales Police Gazettes to include the following information that will usually list names and sometimes personal details, descriptions with photograph. Addresses and/or occupations may be an added bonus for the researcher:
- deaths in public places
- escapees and absconders from custody of victims; sketches of jewellery and watches
- deserting wives, families, etc
- deserting from military service
- deserting from merchant vessels
- missing friends
- persons suspected or wanted for a crime and warrants issued
- police promotion examination results and appointments
- prisoners discharged from gaols
- prisoners released on tickets of leave (under licence)
- prohibited immigrants
Compiled to be distributed amongst the Police Force only, Police Gazettes contain details and information that can not be found anywhere else. They were produced at regular intervals (usually once a week), it was a way of making information available to all in the Police Force throughout the whole state.
Also available for single years and as compendium sets, most 5 years each.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text