show / hide sidebar
Merchiston Castle School Register, Edinburgh, Midlothian 1833-1903
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (235 pages)
Year: (1906) 2006
This school was started by Charles Chalmers in a large house in Park Place, and due to its success was moved with 15 pupils to take lease of Merchiston Castle, owned by Lord Napier.
The register lists virtually all students of this boarding school up to 1903. Extracts can include name, residence, birth/death dates, years at school, day/boarder indicator, academic/sporting achievements, biographical information. Also includes history of school, Directors, Headmasters, Assistant Masters, sporting teams and results.
A digital version of the original book, in PDF format is now fully searchable, and can be viewed on any computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Customers also viewed