Land Research for Family Historians in Australia and New Zealand - EBOOK
- Download product
Media: EBOOK - download
File Format: PDF, 15MB (80 pages)
Author: C. Riley
Other: colour photos, glossary, further reading, index
Publisher: Unlock the Past
Land research can tell us so much about how our ancestors lived and worked. It can help us find out the truth about stories we've heard, and can give us a much richer picture of our ancestors' social and economic position. If they owned a house, business premises or rural property there are records to be found, many of which contain a wealth of information.
We can also break down brick walls using land records that we have been otherwise unable to solve. Buying or selling property may have been the only time our ancestors dealt with government in colonial times, and land records can contain evidence such as birth dates and names of family members; information that is recorded nowhere else.
This book will introduce you to the main types of records you can find, such as deeds and grants, Torrens titles, Crown leases, selections and conditional purchases, closer and soldier settlements, title applications, maps, and plans. We will look at what they mean and where to find them in New Zealand and each Australian state and territory.
Whether you are researching the history of your house or tracing the history of an ancestor through the property they owned, this book is for you.
NOTE: this product is a digital download.
- You will be sent an order confirmation email immediately.
- A link to download the file will be sent as soon as your payment is confirmed - usually within 24 hours of an order being placed Monday-Friday.
- Payments by PayPal are confirmed sooner - shortly after placing your order.
2. Why land research?
4. Where to start
5. Where to find land records
6. How to find land records
7. Old System grants and deeds
8. Crown leases and licenses
9. Torrens Title
10. Title Applications
11. Government purchase schemes
12. Maps ad plans
13. Local land records
14. Putting it all together
- Land Research for Family Historians in Australia and New Zealand - printed book
MORE RELATED PRODUCTS
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia