Kids and Family History: Fun Ways to Spark Their Interest
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: BOOK - paperback, 102 pages
Author: V. Niggemeyer
Publisher: Outskirts Press
'Kids and Family History' was written with kids in mind, but the goal is to give adults ideas for fun ways to introduce genealogy and family history to the next generation of family historians.
You will find lots of ideas for games, crafts, projects and activities for children pre-school to high school.
This easy-to-read how-to guide has detailed instructions for the ideas within. Don't leave it to chance, encourage the next generation in family history, but do it in a way that is interesting to them.
1. It's never too soon to start!
2. Steady tiny steps will help them learn
3. Preschoolers and kindergarteners
- Match game
- Paper chains - we are all linked together!
- Show and tell
- Easter egg hunt
- Make a picture book
- Jigsaw puzzles for children of all ages
4. Elementary school students
- School geography projects
- Activity placemats
- Written word games
- Verbal word games
- Make up your own board games
- Set up a treasure hunt
- Make your own sports playing cards
- Intertwine family history with poetry
- Social media
- Design a family website
- Homework interviews
- Make a video
6. Be persistent, but not pushy