iFamily for Mac
- Available for download within 24 hours
Media: SOFTWARE - download
Publisher: Keith Wilson
A genealogy program for those who want to get the most out of their investment in the latest Apple Mac technology.
iFamily for Mac is a genealogy program for people who think differently. Whereas other genealogy software tends to emphasize the family unit, this software's focus is on each individual person. This distinction is subtle and is a feature of iFamily for Mac. In iFamily you can see at a glance whether an individual has more than 2 parents or more than 1 spouse. Parent-child relationships may be natural (the default), step, adopted or foster relationships.
Designed to focus on each individual person rather than as a family unit, other features of the program include:
- easy to use addition of persons
- display multiple spouses and step children
- handles nearly 50 different image formats as well as including its own photo cropping/editing function
- images may be added individually or in batches using drag/drop or cut/paste from iPhoto, folders or taken from a web page. The application even includes an image transcription function to assist the user to interpret and record information from images of old documents and tombstones.
- the navigation within iFamily for Mac is simple and fast. As the user works with this program it remembers not only the data that has been entered, but also the navigational route the user has followed.
- simple but powerful search field is provided in the toolbar that provides searches on Name, ID, Title, Birth Date or Place, Cause of Death, Notes, Comments or more
- Gedcom import/export compatible
iFamily for Mac is for Apple Macintosh users who like to use the latest hardware and the latest operating system. It will not run on systems earlier than Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger). Although it works well on smaller machines it is best used with one of the larger displays (17+) that is set to its maximum resolution and a mouse that has more that one button.
This is the genealogy application that Mac users have been waiting for, and it will allow them to use the full power of their investment in the latest Apple Mac hardware and OSX - the most advanced system on the market.
If you have an Apple Mac OSX 10.6 or later and wish to try the trial version click here (file size 7MB).
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra, or Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra, Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave, or Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina
iFamily for Mac is supplied as a DOWNLOAD only. Add this to your shopping cart as for any other items.
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgment by email that your order has been successfully submitted.
- You will then receive another email containing download instructions within during normal business hours (Monday to Friday, South Australian time - GMT +09.30).
- Use the link given in the second email to download iFamily for Mac to your computer.