Genelines Universal Timeline Software
- Ususally Ships Within 7 Days
Media: SOFTWARE - 1 CD
Publisher: Progeny Genealogy
Genelines Universal Timelines Software is one of the most powerful research and storytelling tools available to anyone researching their family tree. Using Genelines allows you to create seven customisable timeline charts that display your family history records in a refreshingly different way.
The data for the charts created by Genelines are created from two sources: 1. Your genealogy database, and 2. World events timeline files from our extensive library, or custom created by you. By placing your family records against a backdrop of a world events timeline, you can tell amazing family stories in a powerful visual way that is not possible using your genealogy database software alone. Take a Genelines wall chart to your next family reunion and see what excitement it generates!
But Genelines timeline software does more than let you create colourful timeline charts: it is also a powerful family research tool. These timeline charts conveniently show you where you have duplicate, illogical or contradictory data, or where you have gaps that require further research. You know how difficult it is to complete and validate historical profiles for your ancestors. Genelines timeline software can change all that. By comparing the lives of two or more people, or, showing who was alive when an important event occurred, timeline charts can help you perfect your research.
Key Benefits of Genelines Universal Timeline Software
- Let's you tell amazing family stories visually – because a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Generates timeline charts are scalable to any size – including wall charts.
- Helps you clean up and fill in your family history research
Key Features of Genelines
- Seven full-color, customizable timeline charts.
- On-screen manipulation of colours, borders and fonts.
- Print charts of any size, including wall charts.
- Publish to PDF and share timeline charts.
- Comes with a library of timeline files.
- Create customized historical events and timelines.
- "Text View" report lists, in chronological order, all the events, dates, notes, etc. for the people in a chart.
- Estimates and visually highlights unknown dates where more research is needed.
- Supports the display of multiple family lines on one chart for easy correction of duplicate names from cousin marriages.
Import your data from your genealogy program to create timeline charts:
Genelines automatically reads your family tree database so you don't need to re-enter your family information
- Ancestry.com (GEDCOM)
- Family Tree Maker versions 2007 and earlier (2008 and later use GEDCOM)
- Personal Ancestral File
- Legacy Family Tree
- Ancestral Quest
- Ancestry Family Tree
For a complete list of Genelines timeline charts and other features, follow this link.
Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, or Win 10