Gallipoli: The Battlefield Guide in the Footsteps of the Anzacs
- Last Supplies Available
Media: BOOK - paperback, 400 pages
Author: M. McLachlan
Other: b&w photos, maps, bibliog, index
Publisher: Hachette Australia
The essential travel companion for anyone visiting Gallipoli.
Each year, thousands of Australians visit Gallipoli to pay homage and see where their forebears fought, suffered and died. Anzac Cove, Quinn's Post, Lone Pine - the iconic places where our national legend was forged.
In this essential and authoritative guide, practical information is combined with historical detail, alongside revealing and often heartrending quotes from the letters and diaries of the Anzacs themselves.
- Detailed easy-to-follow plans for walking and driving tours across the main battlefields
- Maps, photos and historical commentary to put the campaign in context
- Everything you need to know where to go, where to stay and how to get there.
Walk where the Anzacs walked, see where they fought and marvel at their courage.
The Gallipoli Campaign
- How to use this book
- Planning your trip
- Travelling in Turkey
- When to go
- Getting there
- Getting around
- Where to stay
- Guiding services
- What to wear
- Researching an Australian soldier
- Useful websites
- Anzac Cove and the Landing Beaches
- Second Ridge
- Chunuk Bair and Gun Ridge
- Helles and Krithia
- Suvla and North of Anzac
- The Asian Shore
Who's Who at Gallipoli
Casualties of the Gallipoli Campaign
References and Sources