Family Business Success Stories: How Australia's Iconic Family Brands Have Stood the Test of Time
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: BOOK - paperback, 256 pages
Author: G. Lofts
Other: b&w photos, further reading, index
Publisher: Major Street Publishing
'Family Business Success Stories' tells the stories of eight of Australia’s oldest and best-known family-owned businesses, all of them more than one hundred years old: A.H. Beard, Brown Brothers, Bulla Dairy, Coopers Brewery, Dymocks, Haigh’s Chocolates, J. Furphy & Sons and Furphy Foundry, and the Samson Sadleirs Group.
Around 70% of all Australian businesses are family owned and together they employ more than 50% of the Australian workforce. As Catherine Fritz-Kalish, Co-Founder of Global Access Partners, says, ‘Family firms are the engine room of the economy – but their embodiment of values such as trust and loyalty are of even greater value to society. Whether you already run your own business or are thinking of starting one, this book offers a wealth of wisdom’.
If you own a family business or other small enterprise, author Graeme Lofts hopes this book will give you inspiration to continue to keep your business in family hands. If you work in a family business, it will give you a greater understanding of the challenges your employers face.
1. Lionel Samson Sadleirs Group: Nil Desperandum
2. Coopers Ltd: Born to brew
3. Furphy: Good, better, best
4. Dymocks: Learning for life with books
5. Brown Family Wine Group: Not a bad drop
6. A.H. Beard: Bedding in the blood
7. Bulla Dairy Foods: The cream always rises to the top
8. Haigh's Chocolates: Journey to perfection
Knowledge is power
Sources and further reading