show / hide sidebar
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (382 pages)
Author: M. Williamson
Year: (1906) 2005
Published in 1906, this book written by M.G. Williamson and illustrated by Herbert Raiton provides the reader with a historical and topographical account of the city of Edinburgh, and contains over 50 illustrations.
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
1. Early History
2. Edinburgh Under the Stewarts - Robert II to Janve VI
3. Edinburgh Under Later Kings
4. The Castle
5. Holroyd and Canongate
6. St Giles'
7. Parliamentary Close
8. Castlehill, the Lawnmarket, and High Street
9. The University, Cowgate, and Grassmarket
10. Other Ecclesiastial Houses
11. Some Literary Men of Old Edinburgh
12. Social Life and Customs in Edinburgh in Olden Days
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text