Centenary History of the Presbyterian Church in New South Wales
- Usually Ships Within 7 Days
Media: DATA CD - 1 CD (2 vols, 713 pages)
Author: J. Cameron
Year: (1905) 2007
Publisher: Archive Digital Books Australasia
This Centenary History, published in 1905 in two volumes, contains a wealth of information on the Presbyterianism, Presbyterian churches and Presbyterian people in New South Wales. It is a valuable resource for church historians, local historians and family historians - greatly enhanced by full text searching on this CD edition.
The two volumes are arranged as follows
- general history from the beginning in 24 chapters - all of volume 1
- istorical sketches of more than 180 parishes arranged under 14 presbyteries
- an In Memoriam listing "to retain in the memory of the Church the names of friends and relatives who have joined the Church Invisible" [i.e. died]. The list gives the names of over 160 men and women along with date and place of death, and name address of the donors to the memorial fund for each person listed.
- list of ministers who served in the NSW Presbyterian Church before Union - giving name, year of arrival and other notes, often including date of death or where they went from NSW
- list of ministers who served in the NSW Presbyterian Church since union in 1866 - giving name, approx date of arrival in NSW or when licensed, former church connection, and other notes
- list of ministers who served in the Presbyterian Church of Eastern Australia since union in 1865
- a number of other useful appendixes
- 16 page general index to the Centenary History and sketches of parishes
- 9 page index to plates and illustrations
- 116 pages of illustrations throughout the two volumes
This CD contains high quality scanned images of the whole of the original book, and has been bookmarked for easy navigation. Pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
Any computer using Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 4 or later
Adobe Reader 6 or later is recommended for CDs with searchable text
Click here to download a file of sample pages from this book. Right click on the link and select "save as" - to a location on your hard drive. The sampler can be opened, navigated and searched as with the full CD file/s. Sample files usually contain the title page, contents, some introductory pages and sample pages from the body of the book. Often the complete index from the original book is included.