If you are wanting a copy of Family Tree Maker but don't need all the
'extras', and don't need the very very latest, you can buy a copy of the 'Who Do
You Think You Are? Family Tree Maker' which comes with the 2008 version of
Family Tree Maker.
With the Who Do You Think You Are? FTM 2008/17 you get the
- Family Tree Maker 2008 program CD (full version)
- 1 month subscription to Ancestry.com.au (credit card is required for
- video clips and family trees from the first series of the Who Do You
Think You Are (Australian edition)
The Family Tree Maker 2008 program was totally rewritten from the ground
up. There is no code from previous versions in FTM 2008. This means an exciting
brand new up-to-date interface that is much easier to use. The new code allows
the prospect of additional optional plug-in extra features provided by third
parties in the future.
This program allows you to:
- create a family tree starting with names, names and events
- attach photos, documents and audio files to your tree
- search for information on the web and merge it directlyt into your family
- design and print charts to share with your family
- view timelines that show your ancestors' lives in historical context
- use dynamic maps to explore the places your ancestors once lived
There are seven areas or workspaces within Family Tree Maker 2008 -- Plan,
People, Places, Media, Sources, Publish, and Web Search. The Menu items are:
File, Edit, View, Source, Tools, Help. All of the areas except for Plan have
resizable panes that may be dragged or collasped. Person Notes, Fact Notes,
Source Notes and Media Notes can all be formatted and privatised.
For those with an earlier verion of FTM, you can import you data from any
previous version of Family Tree Maker (all .ftw or .ftk files), or import direct
from Legacy Family Tree, The Master Genealogist (TMG), Personal Ancestral File (PAF).
For all others it will read a GEDCOM file.
It is known that when this version was first released there were various
issues, these were fixed in patches released subsequently over the period of a
year. This program includes all the patches.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS a 10% discount voucher which can be used on a future
order, is included with the software purchase. This can be used on any other
product/s from the Gould Genealogy product range. Conditions apply, read the
voucher for full details.