The most numerous families from birth records are given, as well as rather
rare Limerick families found in heraldic records. Included you will find a full
page county map from the Atlas of Ireland, along with a listing of modern
parishes and old townlands, along with the address and location of records for
more research. Published by the Irish Genealogical Foundation, this book was
originally made for members researching in Limerick.
This work includes copies of actual records (some worn, torn and faded) and
includes rough sketches of family coats of arms and notes from centuries past -
seldom found elsewhere. The resources provided here will help research any
family in the county, including old Irish families, and settler families from
England, Scotland, Wales and the continent. This book is a hands on guide for
finding your family in Limerick.
The most numerous families in Limerick in the 19th century were:
- List of Books
- Barony Map of County Limerick
- Introduction to Sources; Birth Index
- National Resource List
- Local Resource List
- Map of the Four Masters
- Families on the Map of the Four Masters
- Names from "Irish Pedigrees"
- Passengers from Limerick
- The Complete Existing returns from the 'census' of 1659, showing the
methods of spelling family and place names at that time
- Coats of Arms and Genealogical Notes
- Arms connected in some way to the county, as taken from the "Irish
Book of Arms"
- Finding Locations
- County Map
- Index of Place Names, Ancient and Modern