Golden Grove Cemetery is situated on the corner of Crouch Road and One Tree Hill Road,
opposite the Golden Grove Uniting Church formerly the Golden Grove Presbyterian Church).
Many early pioneers of the area and their descendants are buried in the cemetery.
Among them Captain Adam Robertson who conferred the name Golden Grove on the area,
after the last ship he commanded.
After a meeting of settlers in March 1849, Adam Robertson donated an acre of land. The Golden
Grove School was built on this land and was also used as a Church.
In 1853 a resolution was passed "that leave be granted to George Logan to bury his
child on the ground attached to the school and that portion of ground, say ľ of
an acre be set apart for a general burying place for the use of the people of
the neighbourhood". Messrs. Robertson, Smart and Byers "were empowered to select
the spot for the burying ground and to define and regulate the area of the
graves". The government subsequently set apart ground for a general cemetery.
The Tea Tree Gully Historical Society embarked on a project to record all of
the graves in the Golden Grove Cemetery, so as to preserve
the details and history of them for future researchers. This CD-ROM is a
compilation of their work and includes deaths up to September 2006 in the old section, and December 2007 in the new section. Each
headstone has been transcribed, as well as photographed (often including more
than one photograph for each).
The opening screen allows you to read about the history of the cemetery, view
the compilers page, or go to the alphabetical listings of those buried with a
headstone, and view a map of the cemetery. This photographic images CD was compiled to preserve for all time the
headstones of our ancestors graves.