With the release of RootsMagic 4 comes the release of a new edition of the companion book 'Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic', taking into account all of the new features that have been added into Version 4.
This is one of the easiest genealogy software programs available, yet many people will barely touch the tip of the iceberg of RootsMagic's features. If you are one of these people, then 'Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic' is the book for you.
You start with basic data entry, and continue by learning advanced techniques such as custom reports, citing sources, GEDCOM, creating user defined facts, scanning images and merging.
Other features that 'Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic' will teach you are:
- Create a details family history
- Properly document your entire family history for future generations
- Publish your family history
- Add photos to bring your family history to life
- Use shortcuts to speed-up data entry
- Create customised wall charts
- Organise your unfinished research using RootsMagic
- and ... Share your family history on the World Wide Web
If you've already got RootsMagic 4, or are intending to, 'Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic' will give you a complete understanding of this program and its hidden powers.
The Main Screen
Building the Family Tree
Facts and Events
Searching for Information
Notes: Telling Your Story
Sources: Proving It
Places: Mapping, Geocoding and Gazetteers
Repositories: Where Is It?
Pictures, Sound, and Video
Putting Your Family on Paper
Wallcharts and Timelines
Publishing Your Family History
Sharing Data with Others
Merging Duplicate Records
Putting Your Family on the Web