The Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 includes a most requested and anticipated FTM feature ever ... the automatic synchronize between your Family Tree Maker database on your computer and your Ancestry Online Family Member Tree. Perfect of course if you are (or intend to be) a user of both.
Once you link your desktop and online trees together, you can update either tree and then synchronize those changes into the other tree - manually or automatically - using your internet connection.
The Sync works automatically at the open or close of the program, or you can manually request a sync using the Sync Now button.
Other new features in FTM for Mac 2 are:
1. TreeSync - Ability to synchronize your tree between FTM and Ancestry.
2. Blended family view - Easily show all of the children for two spouses whether they are children of one or both of them.
3. Index of Individuals Report
4. Chart improvements
- Show generation labels
- Add text anywhere on a chart
- Option to limit descendant chart to the direct line between two people
5. Report improvements
- Custom fact sentences (used in genealogy reports & Smart Stories
- Automatic Smart Story generation includes primary individual, spouse, and children
- Research notes report changed to "Notes Report" with options to include
other types of notes
INCLUDED IN THIS MAC EDITION?
- Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 CD
- Companion Guide to Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 (electronic version on the CD)
- Exclusive Offer for Your Family History Magazine
- Free 'Tree To Go' App for the iPhone, iTouch or iPad
- 6 month subscription to Ancestry.com.au (UK Heritage Plus subscription) valued at $149.00
The Companion Guide to Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 (printed manual)
To visit the publisher's website click here
To view the What's New in Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 click here
To view the Ancestry.com Blog click
To view the Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker Message Board click here
To visit the Family Tree Maker User Blog click here