This book analyses how this migration was allowed to happen while telling the women's stories, describing who netted them in the hiring scramble and how they ultimately spread their wings.
An Offer of Marriage
To a Certain Vain Young Gentleman
1. Formation of Emigration Commission
2. Departure of the 'Red Rover'
3. Arrival of 'The Reformers'
4. Most fortunate beings
5. A consideration of respectability
6. Good servants and valuable wives
7. Beyond their most sanguine expectations
8. Legacy of the Emigration Commission
Appendix 1. The 'Princess women
Appendix 2. The lives of the 'Red Rover' women